Wednesday, August 1, 2007

how does project address E, U, & C questions?

Since this is really a sub-unit, the end project for the students gives them an idea how the Essential Q for the entire unit might eventually be answered. The Ppt the kids have to produce addresses the majority of the unit questions. By appropriate application of learning, I know they can answer the specific contents questions - otherwise their reasoning won't make sense. They have to justify why they think they have whatever learning traits they say they have.

introduction?- NOT by showing them the student sample up front - which is what I do lots of times. I would start with very small 'all about me' kind of projects - one verbal and one visual - and then tell them that eventually, they will learn more about why we think and act the way we do and that they'll produce an 'all about me' that is more scholarly and research-based - that uses scientific terms.

No comments: